The Sloan Research Fellowships: These two-year, $50,000 fellowships are awarded annually to 126 early-career faculty in recognition of their distinguished performance and exceptional potential as researchers. Candidates must be nominated by a department head or other senior researcher, and are selected by independent panels of noted scholars in each field.
CALLS FOR PROPOSALS/ PAPERS
- The Call for Submissions is now open for the second ILA Women and Leadership Affinity Group (WLAG) international conference to be held on June 7-10, 2015in Pacific Grove, California. This conference, Advancing Women in Leadership: Waves of Possibilities, will provide a critical forum for bringing together scholars, practitioners, educators, and leaders to discuss the latest research and best practices. The four conference streams are:
- Increasing Equality in Power and Decision Making
- Advancing Leadership Development and Education Worldwide
- Helping Girls and Young Women Become Leaders
- Advancing Women in Leadership
- The deadline for submissions is October 10, allowing you plenty of time to collaborate with others. We encourage you to get started right away, as the deadline will be here before we know it.
- Journal of Management Education Special Issue – Women’s Leadership Development Programs: Lessons Learned and New Frontiers: This special issue specifically addresses women’s leadership development programs, which have grown considerably in recent years. The paper submission deadline is December 15, 2014.
- Advancing Women and Leadership: Moving the Needle through Applied Theory Building: We would like to invite you to submit a chapter proposal by August 15, 2014 for an upcoming book, Advancing Women and Leadership: Moving the Needle through Applied Theory Building, to be edited by Dr. Julia Storberg-Walker of George Washington University (see the attached Call for Chapters). This volume is part of a new book series, “Women and Leadership: Research, Theory, and Practice,” being published to inform leadership scholars and practitioners. This publishing project represents a synergistic initiative involving the International Leadership Association (ILA), Information Age Publishing, and three leadership scholars (Drs. Faith Wambura Ngunjiri, Susan R. Madsen, and Karen A. Longman); the series emerged from the expanding work of ILA’s Women and Leadership Affinity Group. The first book in the series (Women and Leadership in Higher Education) will be released in September, the second (Women as Global Leaders) in Nov/Dec, and the third (Women and Leadership Around the World) in the spring of 2015.
UPCOMING ACE EVENTS
October 20-21, 2014│Itasca, IL
October 22 – 23, 2014│Itasca, IL
October 29-31, 2014│Seattle, WA
December 3-5, 2014│Arlington, VA